01 January 2009

Rain as a symbol for change.

The first day of the new year arrived entirely made of rain.  I'm not one for making New Year resolutions.   I never stick to them.  For this year I wrote down goals, goals that I could reach by the end of the year.  For now, a few:
  • Be more expressive (blog, photograph, communicate)
  • Create meaning (life goals, career opportunities)
  • Make my dreams tangible (creating income with art)
  • Organization, discipline (fitness, cleanliness, relationships)
This morning I was finally able to take the first step onto a new path.  I'm only wondering now, Can a new camera really change my life?.  Do I really want to watch my life pass by day after day doing the same thing over and over again? No. I am the only person who can decide how I want my life to turn out.  I want to inspire people.  I need to.  I have to.  This is what I was meant to do.  It has to be.  Only my boring job, or my everyday routines will make me realize that I am just wasting my life.  The only way I can believe that my life has a purpose, is to create that purpose.  

I am tired of just waiting for things to happen.  If it wasn't for the relationships that we as humans have with other people how could we live.  My wife has already given me so much meaning to my life.  She challenges me to think, to strive to do more.  It's my turn to start giving back to the people, to create more reasons, to inspire, to spread meaning and purpose.  The rain is always right.  The rain brings change.  

My camera comes on Tuesday, January 6th.  I have been waiting a long time.  I want to thank the people who gave so much to me and my wife in the past year.  It means more than you will ever know.  

Today is the beginning of a new year, tomorrow is just another day.
DZ

No comments: