20 January 2009

Sage and Balsamic Browned Butter Ravioli

Happy Inauguration.
This morning I woke up at 8am, turned on the TV and watched with my wife, a sleepy-eyed pup, and mound of blankets. I could see blue freckles through the curtains of my bedroom, another respectable sunny day in Portland. A new president and leader in our country begins now. I had a day of reflection and I could almost feel an energy in the air. It was the feeling of something new, it was the feeling of excitement. After dropping my car off for an oil change, Amber and I went for a coffee at my favorite spot. Crema. A great place for a quiet yet intense discussion.

After a long day of running around I finally made it home with my car and a bill for what was supposed to be a routine check up and oil change turned into a 650.00 fluid change, tire rotation, and the labor of a mechanic for 8 hours. Barf.

Amber spent the rest of the evening catching up on reading, while I cooked one of my favorite go to meals. Hence the title of this entry.




One package of hand-made Butternut Squash Ravioli
2 T butter
1 T good quality balsamic vinegar
5 leaves of fresh sage chopped
2 oz. shaved Parmesan cheese

Boil Ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Brown butter in a pan.
Remove browned butter from heat.
Add finely chopped sage to the pan.
Add balsamic vinegar to the pan.
Add the cooked and drained ravioli and coat with the sage and browned butter mixture.
Top with Parmesan.
Serve and Eat.

No comments: